WARNING: This website works only with the FIREFOX browser !
A new version is currently (2016) prepared. Thank you for your understanding.
The other websites of the Biblindex project
- biblical tools: http://www.biblindex.info
- scientific blog: http://biblindex.hypotheses.org
A corpus of about 400,000 biblical references is available on this site.
Access to data is free.
- Data from the published volumes of Biblia Patristica, Index des citations et allusions bibliques dans la littérature patristique, Editions du CNRS (ca. 270,000 biblical references, with updates on 5,000 references), prepared by the Centre for Patristics Analysis and Documentation (CADP) : 1. Beginnings to Clement of Alexandria and Tertullian, 1975 - 2. The third century (except Origen), 1977 - 3. Origen, 1980 - 4. Eusebius of Caesarea, Cyril of Jerusalem, Epiphanius of Salamis, 1987 - 5. Basil of Caesarea, Gregory Nazianzen, Gregory of Nyssa, Amphiloque of Iconium, 1991 - 6. Hilary of Poitiers, Ambrose of Milan, Ambrosiaster, 1995 - 7. Didymus of Alexandria, 2000 - Supplement, Philo of Alexandria, 1982. [They all are all out of print.]
- Unpublished data from the archives of Biblia Patristica (ca. 100,000 references) on Athanasius of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Theodoret of Cyrus, Procopius of Gaza, Jerome: these data are unverified (they appear in red).
05.2016: more than 11,000 registrations on the Biblindex site.
This project is led by the Institute of Christian sources (SOURCES CHRETIENNES), member of the search unit HiSoMA (History and Sources of the Ancient Worlds), a CNRS lab affiliated to Lyon II University.
This site has been funded:
- from 2006 to 2009, mainly by the Research Cluster 13 of the Rhone-Alpes Regional Council;
- from February 2011 to January 2016, by the French Research Agency (ANR)
- from January 2015 to July 2016, by the BSN 5 (French Ministry of Research).